Wednesday 21 January 2009

Philip & Gevany Hughes - Outdoor Portraiture Session - Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

Photobucket

Residing in the UK after they got married, I finally came face to face with this lovely couple in Kota Kinabalu, few days right after Christmas! Booked for half a year for this photography session was indeed an intriguing experience for me.
Hmmm.. lets see, can count this my 1st international couple ah? hahahaa..

Celebrating their 2nd anniversary, this couple flew down to visit Gevany's family in KK...and then for another long 'honeymoon' around South East Asia.. Two months was it? Envy em!! Okay.. back to my story now. The site we shot at was located somewhere in Tanjung Aru. Planned to shoot at some nice paddy field around Penampang but time & sun did not permit us to travel. Though so, I'd like to thank brother Chai, for driving us around the day before scouting for sites.

We started shooting at Gevany's parents place and there on it lead to a beach & finally a run down building nearby. Having blasts of laughs with the couple, the session was very much ENTERTAINED! You see, being a photographer, sometimes it takes a lot from me to direct poses with my 'subjects' but these two were very much spontaneous, especially Gevany! I HARDLY find a moment to not hear her giggle and joke at us. Very bubbly this lady! Too much bubble bath at the hotel maybe. As for Phil, he did a lot of the 'cool' & 'macho' poses. Well, I'd say one full year of discipline work-out at the gym really pays of!

Alright now, these are chips of their anniversary portraits together with Gevany's family. Cherio!!

Photobucket
(Gevany's brother, Danny is not in the photo coz he didn't manage to come back from Vietnam for Christmas)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the family left, We proceeded with the 'Just Us' session.
Equipments : Nikon D300 body, Nikkor 18-200mm, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, SB600 & SB800 Speedlight, Reflector.
Assistants : Chai, Cecilia, Janet & Jenn. (Actually, only brother Chai helped with the reflector. The girls just 'help' watching!)

Few years of marriage.. the love is still strong! Aaaaawwwwww..
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

To Philip & Gevany, thank you for your trust in Picturific! Thanks for the lovely dinner too! Jenn & I had a ball. From all of us at Picturific, Happy New Year & may over-flowing prosperity (babies included) come your way soon!

Photobucket

Finally.. a shot of the couple & my fellow assistance after the shoot at the beach. (Not in picture: Janet)
Photobucket
(From top clock-wise: Yours truly-ME, Ah Chai, Jenn, Phil, Gevany & Cecilia. Camera was set to 10sec timer & placed on the ground.)

For those of you who are already on Facebook now, view more of their sets HERE (It's okay...Gevany allowed me to link it)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, a LOT of the pics ain't loading...thought you should know...

Anderson Kalang said...

Gosh!! Thanks for the info.. I'll try fix it again. By the way, try increase your broadband speed. Maybe it'll help...hahahahaa....

Anonymous said...

actually I think it WAS my connection...its all working now...

Anderson Kalang said...

Your connection then..

By the way, I love your landscapes composition dude! Like I said there....Menangis!

Japrin said...

Overall, I love most of your shots brother.. I love the scenes and the memories.. :) Great work!!

Anonymous said...

Anderson!!!!!!!!!!! You mean I help you to watch only!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! You sik ingat kah, Im the one carry ur heavy bag!!!!!!! and spray the mosquito repelent to kamu punya badan.... jahat oh ko kan!!!!! Nanti ko... hari ini hari ko, besok sa punya... ;p

Anderson Kalang said...

Pirut.. you're not bad urself! Saw some 'good eyes' on your posts too. The ring on the number 21 (calender) is my fav. Mungkin boleh jumpa nanti sana ah..

-Bini ko- ... Yikes! Bini aku tak puas hati la pulak! Ilek ko ah.. Later I blanja you KFC again kay!

Sir George said...

Nice work bro!

Anonymous said...

Nahh..kena marah sudah oleh si Jen...LOL! You two are so funny!!!! Phil wanted to leave a comment last nite but funny enough...he didn't have a clue on how to do so..hahaha..

Your work sir is truly amazing! The session we had was fun and I must admit better than the ones I had during my wedding session! hehh..I felt so comfortable and surprisingly..Phil was comfortable with the session too! I am very happy with the work and effort you've put in! Thumbs up!!

To Jen...finally I get to meet this hell of a woman! I think we are both NUTS! LOL! bah Amoi..it was great to have had a session with you and ur hubby..it's like we were on an normal casual outing which I enjoyed very much! Thanks again for the beautiful pictures! Great work and hope to see you two soon!! x

Regards from Romford, UK,
Gevany ( think Phil might drop by and do his own comment later! hehe..)

Anonymous said...

Dear moi G, its nice to hear dat u two had a great time during the photo session... sorry for our nuts behavior, sumtimes we can't help it, gitu lah gaya sa sama laki sa... hehe! And finally terjumpa juga kita kan moi... its nice to meet both of u & ur lovely & sporting family... kalo gila sama gila berjumpa, mmg gempa KK... hahaha... laki masing2 sakit kapala...

Thanks so much for everything moi, jan lupa bagitau si philp too k... Hope our friendship will last long till the end...

Anderson Kalang said...

"laki masing2 sakit kapala"

Memang sakit pun kepala ni. I hope Phil is recovering from his 'headache' too. As for me, hari-hari kena telan Panadol ni! hahahahaaa..

Anonymous said...

I Like this..i like them too...mmg mcm model la..i like ur shot! like the view..n admire the couple. very romantic...

ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!
Stock Photography
ServerFreak Web Hosting Solutions
Innovative PPC platform.
d